Downloads for Xequence
Korg Gadget projects for demo songs
Xequence comes with two demo songs, "Alpha" and "Beta", which showcase the app's capabilities.
Of course, they will not generate any sound on their own. However, they have both been produced using Korg Gadget, which is an app that contains synths and effects and is available for both iPhone and iPad.
If you happen to have purchased Gadget already, then you can "cobble together" the Gadget projects we used to make these songs for yourself.
We say "cobble together" because it is almost comically complicated to share a Gadget project over the Internet, but we have managed to find a way. See below or to the right!
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the "Files" app
- Go to "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad"
- Tap on "Gadget 2" in the list
- Scroll up so that the "New folder" icon (Folder with circled +) appears
- Tap on that to create a new folder, and name it "Alpha"
- Tap again to create another folder, and name it "Beta"
- Open Safari on the same iPhone or iPad
- Go to this page and tap here and here to download two special data files
- For each file, tap "More...", then "Save to Files", then "On My iPad / iPhone", then "Gadget 2", then "Alpha" / "Beta", respectively, then "Add"
- Go back to the "Files" app
- For each of the "Alpha" and "Beta" folders, tap-hold each, tap "Rename", and rename them "Alpha.gdproj2" and "Beta.gdproj2", respectively
- Launch Gadget. You should now see the two new projects. Load "Alpha".
- Launch Xequence, and load "Alpha" from the "Demos" folder.
You should now have a working, complete project that will use Gadget's sounds and effects when you hit "Play".
Note: We used a few In-App Purchases in Gadget for both projects, so if you do not happen to have the same IAPs as well, then some sounds / drums may be missing.